26 December 2006

Merry Christmas Everybody

Hope you all had a merry Christmas! I sure did, it was very exciting! Unfortunately my minor cold was turned into a rough Christmas morning cough and by the time we made all of our rounds I was pretty darn sick. Today I have been laying low with mommy and daddy while my fever and lungs clear up. It was a pretty rough sleeping night last night though. hopefully it will be better for tomorrow while Aunt Louise and mom mom watch me.

our whirlwind weekend was kicked off on Saturday with a visit from Kelly, Jimmy, and Jake Smedley. They came over to visit and Jake and I played. Daddy has pictures on his site. Me and Jake were getting along pretty good and since we are both starting to understand sharing, it works out well. He was showing me up a little with his advanced speech techniques, but i am not far behind, i think.

Sunday was Christmas eve and that started off with a visit from Grandpa, then pop-pop, mom-mom, and aunt louise came over and we headed to Church for 5pm Mass. No seats unfortunately. We got there just before 4:40 and all the seats were taken. Mommy and Daddy and I sat in the back of the cry room (they stood). Then our neighbors showed up. McKenna is just about my age and she is pretty cute. She gave me a hug and played with my ear a bit, daddy says she was flirting with me. we played quietly in the back with a stool and took turns climbing on and off. After church we went home and had dinner and dessert and cookies. It was great. Aunt Louise helped me put out milk and cookies for Santa. We told lucy not to get them and not to bark at the reindeer either. I headed to bed and couldn't wait to get up!

We woke up monday morning and went straight for the tree. Grandpa was taking forever getting downstairs but once he did i got to open many many gifts. barn yard animals, cars, trucks, lincoln logs, and a huge art easle were the highlights of my morning. that was exhausting so i took a quick nap and we headed for pop-pop and oma's where everyone was there, even my new cousin connor. we opened gifts there and wow, a new train set! two tonka trucks! great stuff! I was not feeling so hot though at this point and was getting tired again, but it was off to mom-mom's house and MORE gifts! Lots of clothes, an elmo boom box, a BARN YARD SET! I was falling asleep opening my presents I was so tired. Off for a nap. When i came down the cowboys were getting beat by the Eagles (wooo hoo!!). we ate dinner and watched the adults open some presents too while i played with some new toys. by the time we got home it was almost 10pm. Straight to bed!

Woke up quite a few times congested and hot or cold. Rough night, but I am catching up today. Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks for all the presents and spending time with me!!

No comments: