11 February 2006

Sat - trip to Pitt recap...

Ok Ok...i know its past my bedtime but daddy said i coudl post an update...
and...btw...we are getting ready for some mega momma snow! 8-12 inches in the forecast.

So, I promised earlier in the week to post more about our trip to Pittsburgh to visit the Smedleys, and while its still fresh in my head, I thought i'd get it down in print.

Fri
Started off well. I think mommy and daddy got most of our stuff together at on thu night so we could have a semi-relaxing morning. worked out well. daddy took lucy to the doggy hotel and when he got back we hit the road. conveniently right around my nap time. stopped off quickly at dunkin for a bite (not for me) and then hit the road. woke up about 2 hours later, oh, and forgot this...remember my car seat? how it used to face the back of the seat into the back of the car? well...its front facing now baby! awesome...

the trip was pretty good. we stopped midway at the rest stop on the PA turnpike. i think we had roy rogers and i got to have some of daddy's chicken strips. it was fun looking at all the people. then daddy let me walk back out to the car (with his assistance) so i got to stretch the legs and all.

we arrived ahead of schedule (apparently made great time) and beat aunt kelly to her house. we hung out there for a while waiting for jake and his mom, so we played with howie (their dog) and all of jake's toys. we have a lot of the same toys, so i felt pretty comfortable. Eventually everyone got home and we got ready for dinner.

{oh and check this out...i dind' tell anyone but daddy actually captured it on film. Jake has this special eye power trick. here it was, we were hanging out on teh floor playing with some blocks when well, we both wanted the same one. we tugged at it for a while but i could tell he wasn't going to give. then...all of a sudden i looked at him and his eyes were giving off this beam of light... Was I freaked out? Well, kind of, but mostly I was blinded momentarily while Jake was able to get the toy. Round 1 to the jake man!}

So that night after a bath and some cleaning up, it was off to bed. I slept very poorly. I think the car thing sort of did me in.

Sat
Got up, ate some breakfast and hung out playing with jake and howie and the toys. it was fun. then mommy got out a special surprise for me from uncle jimmy, aunt kelly, jake, and howie. it was a birthday present. Leggos! My first set. Awesome. And, if your reading guys, thanks again!

{oh, so then i was crawling into the kitchen, and i hear the regrigerator start moving, sort of wobbling. quick thinking, i held the fridge so it wouldn't fall and sent howie off for some help. Luckily, daddy was there to capture the moment on film! Can you believe it? }

Then we were off to Aunt Louise's house for lunch. WE had a great time, Aunt Louise made us some pizza and got me some great gifts! A brand new walking toy and a bath towel, some jammies (more on that later) and some black and gold goldfish! Plus I got to play at her house for a while, and she played some polka music to check out my dancing skills. It was great!

Then we headed back for an early dinner at Max and Erma's. Jeesh, everyone i saw had their steelers gear on. it was quite a show. we had a nice dinner though and headed back home to bed. It was a long day and I slept like a rock!

Sun
Superbowl day! Lots of playing and napping today while the house got ready for the guests. man, the food smelled good, and can you believe i hardly had any? it was game time though so as visitors arrived I tried to smile welcomly at them. jake and i pretty much hung out on the floor during the game. great game and congrats to the steelers. Bed time game in teh middle of the game so mommy (hear that? mommy) took me to get changed into my new jammies. These are the ones that aunt louise bought me for the big game. Anyway, daddy wasn't all that happy when he saw me in them, but eventually he came around and held me once again. Off to bed, and not knowing the outcome of the game I didn't sleep well. In fact, once everyone left, I slept horribly. I just couldn't settle down. Daddy claims it was the foreign PJ's, and that I was being punished for giving up on my eagles. Mommy doesn't believe it. All I Know is, I probably won't wear those PJ's again, why take the chance! :)

Mon
Got up early and headed out. Made great time again, under six hours and with a stop for lunch at Dairy Queen! It was great! Anyway, we had a great trip and a great time hanging out with them smedley's. Thanks guys for having us!



OK...man that was long. Hope you stayed with me there. Good night and enjoy the snow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
Wanted to wish you a very Happy 1st Birthday today! I hope that you have a wonderful day. I can't believe one year has gone by already. I will see you on Saturday to celebrate with you.
Love,
Selena