17 November 2005

full week of daycare

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay. Its been a busy week, I have a lot less free time with mommy working full time now and me going to daycare every day. Its been going well though, Daddy has been getting me up in teh morning, drivning me to day care and picking me up. He is pretty fun to hang around with. Yesterday he took me to my 9 month checkup with the doctor. It was his first time taking me to the doctor alone and he did pretty good.

Doctor weighed me in at 23 lbs 8oz. I think 28 inches in length. Lets see, weight wise I think was 90th percentile? length wise i was 50th percentile. People seem interested in those numbers. As for the rest, things are going good. Doc said i can start to eat foods like mommy and daddy as opposed to just the baby food. last night mommy gave me some ham? to eat. It was interesting. I just chewed on it for a while, tried to swallow it a couple times, but it was tough. My other food just flows right down :)

Doc also mentioned my motor development. he seemed pleased with my progress, but thinks I should be sitting myself up and start to pull mysself up. I have 6 weeks to make some progress before he said to call "the number". This weekend I sort of figured out how to move around on my belly. Its geting better each day, but getting across the room is actually possible now. I don't think it will take long mastering this movement stuff.

So, we are off to DE tomorrow for Aunt Beth and PJ's wedding. Hey, its my first wedding, can't wait! I wonder what happens there. I think maybe some dancing? I told the kids at daycare, some of them have already been to weddings before. They said a lot fo talking happens there, it sounds to me like Church or something. I will let you know how it goes.

Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

the ry-man said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jake! Get ready for the foods and flavors. I have been having some trouble swallowing non creamy foods, but i think i am getting used to it!

btw...those green beans sound good right now!

mommy said i migth be able to sample some of thanksgiving dinner too...yum...