17 July 2006

Mon - Yes, No, and I just don't know!

Hi Everyone,
The title of my post is really some ofthe things I am mastering over the last week or so. I have learned that I can acknowledge questions and say Yes by nodding my head up and down. I can say no or disagree by turning my head side to side. I can claim ignorance by simply raising my brow and putting my hands (palm up) up. All great methods of non-verbal communciation. This eases the communication gap around the house and is helping.

Other ways to say NO....I can actually say "nuh-no". Or I can groan with a half shrug and run. Those work too, and those I am starting to use for those questions mommy and daddy ask that don't really give me an option. Tricky adults....like....Ryan, do you want to take a nap?
{turn head indicating no method}. I get picked up and carried to crib.
{say "nuh-no" method}. Picked up and carried to crib.
{fuss, shrug, and run method}. Play chase, then picked up and carreid to crib.

Duh, which one would YOU choose! ;)

We had a nice weekend. It was very very busy though. Life in PA has been all but relaxing. Thu and Fri we went swimming with Mommy and her new Mommy's group, along with a brand new playgroup. Oh man, the house we were at on Thu had so many toys that I didn't even WANT to go outside to play. Fri I skipped the pool again, still a bit wary of it. Daddy carted me off to our new doctor friday to have her take a look at some bumps on my skin. She was pretttttty nice (hehe). Then daddy carted me home and unlce jim and aunt tracy came over for some grillin. Cassie came and we had a bit of a run in, but its all good.

Sat we were off to Haley's birthday party (10 years!!!). We played in the park there, but ti was pretty wet and muddy that day. Sat night mommy and daddy took me after dinner to the Ice Cream Festival over in Wilmington. We had an awesome time! Ate some ice cream, checked out the vendors and I even got to pet a few dogs there. They had this HUUUGE balloon ("boon") that filled up with fire and floated into the air. They had a live rock band there too. Getting back in the car mommy and I had a bit of an incident, and hopefully she is still not too mad at me. I threw my firetruck and hit her in her lip. It was bleeding and now she has a cut on her lip. Sorry mommy, i love you!!!

Sunday we headed to Pop-Pop's for his birthday party! We had fun there too. Got to see everyone again. No Riley this weekend, daddy says they are trying to get their house ready for sale. Riley, if you need any coping advice, let me know. stressful time! But I did get to see Lexa quite a bit, and of course all those crazy girls (Haley, Kristen, Carly, Anna)!

Hope you guys all had a nice weekend! I will try to take it easy on some of your children. i am still pushing my limits though. just remember, i got my share back in full force when i went head to head with cassie, and I didn't get anyone as hard as I got mommy the other night (once again, sorry momma!)

Ry-Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ry-man..

You are so cute that I just can't take it..I wonder if I my opinion is biased based on you being my nephew.. hmmm.. all I know is that I have seen you so often lately that I am ALREADY thrilled that you moved closer! I can't wait to come up to visit you with your cousins. Oh, btw, Michael broke his foot. I know what you're going to say. He is way too adventurous and brave. It is a good thing that his health insurance covers 100%.. eh? I just want you to learn from this and either commit yourself to a sport that is less detremental to your body or be way better at it!! Love you little dude..

Aunt Beth